Thursday, December 18, 2008

ThoughtBot Shoulda -- It Whups the RSpec's ass.

Anyone remember that?!

Heh, heh. Yeah, back when people used WinAMP... I guess they still might. I switched to WMP (gawd, I know), but then to Songbird when it finally stopped sucking (still sucks a little, to be honest).

Anyway, for newer Rails projects, I've completely replaced RSpec with Shoulda. It's nice, clean, readable, doesn't add anything extra to the Rails folder hierarchy, and best of all, it is filled with sweet-as-hell macros that take a lot of pressure off'a my tired fingers.

For non-Rails projects (I do those too!), they offer a gem, but I haven't used it yet.

It seems like every day that something exciting and awesome happens in the Ruby / Rails area, and everyone moves up to the next big thing... but I think that's because the next big thing is better than the thing you happen to be using at the moment.

No comments: