Saturday, March 04, 2006

Subliminal advertising: YOU WILL HIRE ME.

Yeee haw! Its that time of the month (that was a quick one, wasn't it?)

I'm available, again, for short term .NET-based contracting work.

I'm a very discreet software engineer, as some of you may not know. What it means is, if asked, I'll be sure not to rattle you off as a reference when asked about previous employment opportunities. I understand that, on the Internet, anonymity is preferred in a great number of situations.

As a result of this, though, I've given up on carting a resume' around (never updated the one I had, anyway) and typically like to say that I know what I'm doing when dealing with:

Languages:
  • C#
  • Boo
User interfaces:
  • Windows.Forms
  • wx.NET
  • GTK#
.NET platforms:
  • 1.1
  • 2.0
.NET/relevant technologies:
  • ADO.NET
  • COM interop (RWAR!)
  • XML
  • SQL
  • Sockets
  • Webservices
  • Reflection
  • In general, the requisite technologies needed to build and maintain.NET application.
Misc:
  • I have experience in exposing Boo as a scripting language.
  • I also have minor experience in writing technical documentation, but am confident that I can deliever concise, easy to understand documentation on demand.

and I have dabbled with (and can learn more on demand for)
  • ASP.NET (cavaet: I am /not/ good at making things look pretty)
  • Code Access Security
  • IronPython
Money (The Green):
Typically I charge a flat rate. I like doing this because people can come to me with small problems and not feel like they've been gutted like a pig afterwards. However, if the work is in flux, or you estimate that you'll need X amount of man hours to make the magic happen, I can quote you on some hourly figures if you give me the sufficient information required.

I'm also down with "profitable charity work," like software bounties for your favorite open-source .net applications. I prefer these software bounties to be very precise due to the constantly changing nature of open source projects, and some project mantainers being hostile to patches from strangers. ;)

email / jabber: l33ts0n@gmail.com
My cell is available on request.

No comments: